Wednesday, November 18, 2009

CLA as a training/weight loss supplement


As I have just finished up my football career here at Westfield State College, i find myself at a point in my life where I do not need to weigh as much as i did for football. I have started my training sessions to start my weight loss and have also found myself searching for supplements to aid my training supplements. I have discovered the supplement CLA or Conjugated Linoleic Acid.

CLA works in such a way that it inhibits the body’s fat storing enzyme lipoprotein lipase (LPL) which is known for picking up fat from the blood stream. By inhibiting lipoprotein lipase and increasing CLA, the prevention of body fat storage occurs and the burning of fat as fuel increases, allowing significant weight loss. Furthermore, it has been found that CLA can help decrease body fat while increasing muscle mass and strength, which will help improve a persons overall body composition.

I have not yet purchased this supplement but am thinking hard about doing following the thanksgiving break. What is your oppinion on this supplement and other so called, weight loss supplements?

No comments:

Post a Comment